Subject: Re: Is one allowed to call tsleep from within an interrupt context?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
From: Brett Lymn <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/13/1999 09:57:26
According to Ignatios Souvatzis:

Thanks for all the definite answers on this one :-)  I was reasonably
certain it was wrong...

>Somebody should fix it.

I will fix it - it's biting me, I have the hardware to test it so I
don't think it unreasonable that I get this fixed.  The only question
I have is if tsleep cannot be called, what can I use?  The particular
function is looping (possibly infinitely - aaargh) on a register
status change and is using tsleep to throttle the poll interval.

BTW If/when I do fix this do I just commit it to -current? (i.e. is
that the right thing for _me_ to be doing :-)