Subject: Re: what happened to the lm75(?) driver?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/12/1999 22:52:26
>>> [...] some way to re-write these terms so that my name is included
>>> in some way in every distribution (binary or source) as a
>>> contributor
>> Pity to see people more interested in seeing their name in lights
>> than in helping other people.
> [T]his [opinion] is Gnu Public Virus nonsense,

I don't see why you drag the GPL into this.  I'm certainly no fan of
it; whether or not I agree with Stallman on this point, I disagree with
him on many others.

> and why many of us are BSD fans to begin with.

I would not presume to tell any of you why you are or aren't BSD fans.
I'm not even sure why I am - it probably depends on the answer to "as
opposed to what?".  Again, what does this have to do with what I said?

> Perhaps his license agreement is somehow onerous, but this is the
> wrong atttitude.  He's entitled to his work, and to copyright it if
> he wants to.

Oh, certainly he's entitled to it, at least under most current legal
systems.  I just find it, as I said, a pity that he exercises that
right to the point of allowing his desire to see his name advertised
get in the way of letting his software help people it otherwise could.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca