Subject: Re: Proposal: COMPAT_FREEBSD & COMPAT_BSDI handling
To: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/09/1999 08:31:54
Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
>
> : COMPAT_FREEBSD needs COMPAT_14, COMPAT_13, COMPAT_12, COMPAT_09 & COMPAT_43
> : for the kernel to actually link.
>
> This is a bug.  The libcompat is supposed to take care of this (pulling in
> compat_XX_whatever() functions for various emulations which need them,
> even if the native emulation is not set to use them).

Hmm, actually, I'm not sure whether it doesn't link or just doesn't work.
It was some time ago I last checked and I don't remember which case
happened.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde