Subject: wscons and fonts
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/08/1999 03:25:32
I got fed up with the font on a vga display, so I started hacking
around with wscons font stuff.

There was no program to switch a wscons screen over to using a new
font, so I wrote a rudimentary one.  Is this something anyone would
care for a copy of?  In the process, I discovered that struct is char *, rather than const char * - why?

I intend to implement a way to free up a loaded font (provided of
course it's not in use) and a way to find out what fonts are loaded.
Is this something that's likely to be taken back, or are other efforts
underway already?

I've now got an 8x16 VGA font with ISO 8859-1 encoding.  Anyone want a
copy? :)

					der Mouse