Subject: Re: Cloning devices
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/06/1999 11:52:59
On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

# A quick recap of what it does:
# If /dev/foo has the major number of the clone pseudodevice then
# each time you open it you will get a new instance of the device
# whose major number corresponds to the minor number of /dev/foo.

Tangentially, I noticed something that BSDi is doing:  There
seems to be a device TRIPLET as opposed to a major,minor tuple.
I wonder if that's for better cloning support...

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:
	"Just click on the START button and your journey to the Dark Side