Subject: Cloning devices
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/06/1999 19:50:51
I need to be able to clone devices for testing some new USB stuff I'm working on
and I remembered seeing something about it a long time ago.  So I looked around
and found PR kern/6060 which contained code for what I wanted.
But this PR is still open.  Were there any tecnical arguments against the proposal
or is it just a lack of time that has stopped the code from being added?

A quick recap of what it does:
If /dev/foo has the major number of the clone pseudodevice then
each time you open it you will get a new instance of the device
whose major number corresponds to the minor number of /dev/foo.

--

        -- Lennart