Subject: Re: Possible VOP_LOOKUP() interface change
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 09/04/1999 16:04:14
> But instead of hiding *PARENT, we change how lockparent and wantparent are
> initialized. From
> [...]
> Then we'd only test ISLASTCN once with respect to *PARENT, and all the
> ISLASTCN tests could go. But portal would keep working fine.

While it might *happen* to work by luck, the backdoor interface it
uses would definitely *not* be correct, as it would still see the
wrong cn_nameiop.  To make a file system like this work correctly, you
would still need another interface to get additional components.

I'm definitely not interested in making portal even *more* klugy.