Subject: some questions about wdc detaching
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: enami tsugutomo <enami@but-b.or.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/24/1999 00:00:11
Q1.  Is anyone working on detaching wdc pccard?

Q2.  (in pcmcia) why deactivating card
     (config_deactivate/pcic_deactivate_card) is necessary to be
     called during interrupt handlers (rather than from kernel
     thread)?

Q3.  for example, disable routine for com device may be called via
     config_deactivate (via card removal interrupt) and device close
     routine via specfs (via vdevgone via config_detach via card
     removal interrupt).  I.e, I think there is two pathes to disable
     com device.  Is this not problem?

# In other words, I'm wondering how can i write deactivate routine for
# wd deivce, especiall when wd device is opend by someone...
enami.