Subject: Re: MI APM support
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/11/1999 23:10:07
matt@3am-software.com (Matt Thomas) writes:
>For the Tadpole, it's a fairly good fit.  The only thing that doesn't
>fit is Standby mode.  But it can be simulated.  The hardest part will
>be implementing suspend (since the kernel needs to write the contents
>of physical memory to partition e (almost like a crash dump)).

Why don't you just reserve some memory in the swap area for the kernel
data structures and swap all the processes out?  Seems to me, that could
be mostly MI.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)