Subject: MI APM support
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 08/10/1999 20:30:06
I'd like to split the current APM code into a MI front-end which handles the
/dev/apm device and the MD backend which handles the real work.  The other
reason for this is so that architectures that may have multiple mechanisms
can only attach the currently active mechanism (kind of like how /dev/fb
attaches to the console).

I'd also like to split <machine/apmvar.h> into the API part and the MD part.

Comments?  (BTW, I have apm and apmd building under NetBSD/sparc).