Subject: Re: detaching SCSI devices
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/09/1999 01:46:08
>> "scsictl /dev/scsibus0 detach 2 0", eg.  I had to do it as a scsibus
>> command rather than a device command because to do it as a device
>> command you have to detach a device even though it's open [...]

> Um, could we provide both?

Not unless someone does the work necessary to support detaching a
device while it's still open without panicking the system.  This is the
part that was more work than I felt like taking on, especially since
this complexity can be hidden by userland (do the equivalent of a
scsictl "identify" device command, then close the device, open the
scsibus device, and do the SCBUSIODETACH).

					der Mouse