Subject: Re: UVM questions.
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 07/02/1999 00:18:07
uvm_km_valloc_wait() always allocates pageable memory.
a submap should really only be used if you need a separate lock
for the region, which is only if allocations in the region are
done in interrupt handlers.  this pte_map is only for user page table
pages, right?

in general, I'd recommend stealing code from the i386 pmap as much as possible.

-Chuck