Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/30/1999 15:05:04
>> I hope these are restricted to root-only.
> For obvious reasons, fhopen() is.  I don't think fhstat() and
> fhstatfs() are, and I don't really see any security implications of
> that.

fhstatfs() you may be right, though I'm by no means certain of it.
fhstat(), though - I don't like arbitrary processes being able to
stat() files unrestrictedly.  While I'm unable to give, at the moment,
a specific example of why I dislike it, it just seems like too
dangerous a facility.  I'd want to at least run it past tech-security
(or has this been done? I don't think I resubscribed to that...I should
check).

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca