Subject: Re: System unique identifier.....
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Lucio De Re <lucio@cackle.proxima.alt.za>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/25/1999 16:11:17
On Fri, Jun 25, 1999 at 08:50:15AM -0400, John F. Woods wrote:

> Of course, if you haven't got such a card, you're back to the question of
> where you store such an address, as well as where you get it in the first
> place (anyone up for a NetBSD-maintained OUI?).

Actually, a good starting point for a combined effort by all *nix developers,
after all, serial numbers should not be qualified by the operating system
identity, if the various streams are to be merged in future :-)

Yes, I think a registry for all sorts of *nix-related resource numbering would
be a politically "good" thing.

Anyone else thinks so?  (I could be wrong, by all means tell me if I am).

++L