Subject: Re: NFS V4
To: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/25/1999 00:47:40
On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 12:24:41PM -0400, rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca wrote:
> I've just been starting work on an NFS V4 implementation. I have no idea how
> far I'll get and how fast I'll be progressing, but I just received the following
> email and wondered if someone in the Bay Area might be interested in attending?
> (I can't guarantee I'll have much working by October, but hopefully there
>  would be something to test:-) I don't think I could make it there, but would
> be available at this end to help with debugging, etc. (Too bad, since it
> sounds like it could be fun:-)
>
> Also, if anyone else has already started on NFS V4, let me know and maybe we
> can work something out. (At this point, I'm just working through the draft
> spec and scribbling stuff on a source listing. No actual code yet at all.)

Hi Rick,

I've been monitoring the nfsv4 wg list, and have been planning to do
an implementation for NetBSD. But so far I did not get around to it, and
it has been a while since I read the draft spec, so don't let me
stop you :-) What's been bothering me about the current situation, is
that we need a cleaner kernel RPC interface, otherwise an NFSv4
implementation could get ugly. But again, I haven't started yet.
However, I'd be happy to work with you on things, or test.

- Frank