Subject: NFS V4
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/24/1999 12:24:41
I've just been starting work on an NFS V4 implementation. I have no idea how
far I'll get and how fast I'll be progressing, but I just received the following
email and wondered if someone in the Bay Area might be interested in attending?
(I can't guarantee I'll have much working by October, but hopefully there
 would be something to test:-) I don't think I could make it there, but would
be available at this end to help with debugging, etc. (Too bad, since it
sounds like it could be fun:-)

Also, if anyone else has already started on NFS V4, let me know and maybe we
can work something out. (At this point, I'm just working through the draft
spec and scribbling stuff on a source listing. No actual code yet at all.)

Anyhow, have fun, rick
ps: NFS V4 is quite different that 2 and 3 and should prove interesting. At
    this point I have no idea how some parts of the client can be implemented:-)
--- from the nfsv4 mailing list ---