Subject: Re: Volunteers to test some kernel code...
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/23/1999 12:38:01
According to Jason Thorpe:

>On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 16:25:32 +0930 (CST)
> blymn@baea.com.au (Brett Lymn) wrote:
>
> > Like we do now :-)
>
>What are you talking about?  Take a look at vfs_vnops.c:vn_writechk().
>That is called from vn_open().

Maybe it's a perception problem on my part but when I was running
SYSVile I would quite often get bitten by ETXTBSY when I forgot to
quit gdb before doing a make.  The linker would always fail with
ETXTBSY, I would roll my eyes, quit gdb and redo the make.  This does
not happen to me with NetBSD, according to me it should.  No?