Subject: Re: Volunteers to test some kernel code...
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/1999 21:03:30
On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, Bill Studenmund wrote:

# > A bit tangential:
# >
# > A working ETXTBSY would be REALLY NICE to have for not only binaries,
# > but I'd like to see it available for scripts as well.
#
# For scripts, all we have to do is have exec_script.c set VTEXT too.
#
# > I've always wanted a parameter to a system call to force ETXTBSY on
# > a file in that manner...
#
# Maybe add an fcntl that makes an fd assert VTEXT on the underlying vnode.
# Though I'm unsure when you'd clear VTEXT in that case. :-)

When the last close() on that file occurs, of course.

				--*greywolf;