Subject: Re: printf in drivers?
To: None <>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/22/1999 10:26:50
> I have a simple question.  I'm brand new to trying to make any kernel
> source changes.  [...wheel mouse...PS/2 <=> SUN converter box...] I'm
> interested in having the driver print the raw data to the screen as
> it comes in.

Why not just configure a special kernel?  There's a line

ms0 at zs1 channel 1

and if you instead make that

zstty2 at zs1 channel 1

(and comment out the other zstty2 line), then you'll get a kernel that
allows you to talk to the mouse as a normal serial line.

Or, yeah, you can just use kernel printf() (the output will go to the

					der Mouse