Subject: Re: resource allocation, pcmcia, isapnp, etc.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/21/1999 11:01:04
On 20 Jun, Warner Losh wrote:
> The third area where new-bus excels is in its integrated power
> management.  Each device has a suspend and resume routine.  The device
> is given the opportunity to approve or reject the suspend request as
> well as knowing that it happend.

NetBSD drivers already have the opportunity to register a device
activation handler which is supposed to handle DVACT_ACTIVATE and
DVACT_DEACTIVATE requests. I think it would be quite feasible to define
DVACT_SUSPEND. I've raised the issue of using config_activate and
config_deactivate more widely before. For instance, AFAIK there isn't a
need to activate a network interface until you bring it up.

--
Lloyd Parkes