Subject: Re: PCMCIA -- vanishing Manufacturer/Product ID
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/19/1999 16:07:32
| | broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0xffffffff, product 0xffffffff
|
|   The rest of the CIS stuff looks the same, just the manufacturer and
| product IDs are gone.

  Just FYI. It seems that some rogue Windows driver wrote garbage
over the CIS space on my card -- yes, that area is writeable! --
causing it not to find the tuple containing the manufacturer and
product codes.

  The fix was to put a Debugger() call in pcmcia_cis.c, just after
where it maps the CIS space, and then do a write to the appropriate
place, voila, the card is healthy again.

  Now if someone has a thermonuclear device to lend that I could
ship to NewMedia...

	mjl