Subject: Re: resource allocation, pcmcia, isapnp, etc.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jordan K. Hubbard <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1999 15:48:37
> Not only that, but some of those FreeBSD core people got up to the mic
> in a room full of people and basically insulted the people who did the
> work, after their usenix presentation on the subject.

I attended the very same talk and saw no such insults.  I was also one
of the people to walk up to the mic to assure people that we would be
doing our best to work with them in the future and, after the talk,
the very same core folk then came forward to talk with the newconfig
people more directly and did so for some time afterwards.  That's
hardly the mark of a bunch of people dead-set on insulting the
presenters.

I honestly don't know where Jason gets some of this stuff from!

Perhaps being 7ft tall isn't all it's cracked up to be.  Despite the
basketball endorsement possibilities it brings, high altitude anoxia
also leads to hallucinations. :-)

[That's a joke, folks, for anyone who's actually met Jason - don't
take it as a serious jab]

- Jordan