Subject: Re: A TODO list for cardbus/ PCMCIA support.
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1999 14:59:40
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:
> Personally, I'd punt on supporting CBB's as PCICs via the
> PCIC-compatible mapping if no CBB driver is loaded, leaving only two
> cases. At least for a first implementation.  (we dont support, e.g.,
>  EISA boards via ISA, do we?)  The rest looks okay.

In fact, we _do_ support (some) EISA boards via ISA.  Pop in an EISA
VGA card, and you'll get an ISA vga attachment.  8-)

The point with that was that the PCI bus space management/"bin
packing" has to be done anyway before cardbus support is done, and
doing it first means that people who currently have no working PCMCIA
support get it immediately.  I.e. shuffle to get quicker result.  8-)

However, if working on other things leads to results, let it show up
when it shows up.

cgd