Subject: Re: resource allocation, pcmcia, isapnp, etc.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: David Greenman <dg@root.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1999 09:20:36
>On Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:09:47 +0900 (JST)
> Noriyuki Soda <soda@sra.co.jp> wrote:
>
> > P.S.
> > BTW, integration of this work to FreeBSD was officially rejected by
> > FreeBSD's core.
>
>Not only that, but some of those FreeBSD core people got up to the mic
>in a room full of people and basically insulted the people who did the
>work, after their usenix presentation on the subject.

   Uh, I was there and sure don't remember anything like that. Can you be more
specific? Considering that Doug Rabson and others spent a whole day sitting
down with Atsushi Faruta after his presentation and hashed out future plans
in a very cordial manner, if there were any "insults", then apparantly they
weren't taken as such.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org