Subject: Re: A TODO list for cardbus/ PCMCIA support.
To: None <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Hayakawa Koichi <haya@arch.sony.co.jp>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1999 13:51:26
Hi,

From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
 > Here's a list I've been kicking around, of things that we should
 > do  to s
 >
 > 1.  The way Hayakawa-san's existing CardBus patches bus windows (i.e.,
 >     a bus bridge which only provdes access to a subset of the parent's
 >     bus-space on the bridged, child bus) is far from great.  I think
 >     Jason and i have said much the same idea about how to fix that,
 >     tho' we've said it in very different language. Basic idea
 >     is to have a bus-space tag keep track of the `window' on the
 >     bus in which the tag can acutally allocate space.

I prefer that bus_space_tag_t contains the window of
bus-space.  A bridge device should allocate bus-space window
(shared or dedicated), then bus_space_tag is provided to the
child bus.

I add another:

7. The 16-bit pcic code should be shared between ISA- and
   PCI-pcic and YENTA CardBus bridge.
--
HAYAKAWA, Koichi