Subject: Re: A TODO list for cardbus/ PCMCIA support.
To: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/17/1999 00:07:14
Hm.  The last time I encountered BSDI PCMCIA support, it had the
problem that when you did a SIOCGIFCONF to see what network interfaces
were attached to the system, it reported that one of every possible
kind of PCMCIA ethernet interface was attached to the system.  Does it
still do this?   This seems like a pretty major bug to me - I'd like
the system to just notice when a card is plugged in and allocate
resources for it, and then free up those resources when they're no
longer needed (after the card has been unplugged and all pending
operations to it have completed or been aborted).

			       _MelloN_