Subject: PCMCIA -- vanishing Manufacturer/Product ID
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/16/1999 01:54:00
  I hope someone knows what is going on here...

  I have a pcmcia card that was identified upon boot as:

| broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1
| broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: CIS info: New Media, SCSI, Bus Toaster
| broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0x57, product 0xc102

  I then proceeded to check out in Win95 where the card was being
configured, fiddling a bit with the driver, and bootet back into
NetBSD. Now the card is found as

| broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: CIS version PCMCIA 2.0 or 2.1
| broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: CIS info: New Media, SCSI, Bus Toaster
| broccoli /netbsd: pcmcia1: Manufacturer code 0xffffffff, product 0xffffffff

  The rest of the CIS stuff looks the same, just the manufacturer and
product IDs are gone. The Win95 driver still recognizes the card though.

  What is going on there?

	mjl