Subject: Re: signal(SIGSEGV, SIG_IGN) -> 100% CPU
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/14/1999 11:20:02
> for that matter...i still don't see the harm in making the kernel
> copyout() the pipe fds.  how would that not solve the problem
> (besides losing a little history)?

Insofar as there *is* a problem, that would be fine.  My offer to do
just that in response to the original message is what started this
problem that needs solving here, that the current implementation with
an exceptional MD libc stub is for some reason I've never seen clearly
stated enough better than the proposed implementation that makes
pipe(2) an unspecial call that uses copyout(9), a la socketpair(2), to
return the fds to outweigh the benefit of eliminating a special-case
libc stub.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca