Subject: why is my ioctl not being called?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/08/1999 09:58:05
Folks,
        I am writing a pseudo-device to support an idea I have.  I
believe that I have done all the right things in the right places but
things are not quite right.  Currently, I have a device that I can
open and close and I can see that the associated open and close calls
in the kernel get run.  The problem is when I try to do an ioctl -
nothing happens.  My ioctl routine is not being called at all.  I have
put a ddb break point on my ioctl function and it is never hit.  I put
one on sys_ioctl and I do see sys_ioctl getting called from my
userland code.  Clearly, I have missed something.... can anyone give
me a hint?  BTW yes, I _do_ have the ioctl call in the cdevsw entry, I
have verified it is there in cdevsw using ddb.