Subject: Re: sys/disklabel.h: p_sgs field
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <>
From: Konrad Schroder <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 06/03/1999 14:58:56
On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

>                         u_int16_t sgs;  /* LFS: FS segment shift */
> Shouldn't we garbage collect this? Or should newfs_lfs actually use it to
> set the segment size if not set on the command line?

Actually I'm thinking of getting rid of lfs_segshift entirely (to allow
the segment size to be something other than a power of two), sometime in
the near-to-mid future.  And you're right that the sgs is not read
currently anyway.  So it's fine with me if it disappears :^)

Konrad Schroder
System Administrator
Human Interface Technology Lab                    Voice: +1.206.616.1478
Box 352142, University of Washington, 98195, USA    FAX: +1.206.543.5380