Subject: Re: MFS over ISO-9660 union mounted with no swap space?
To: Simon Burge <>
From: Gandhi woulda smacked you <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/1999 16:30:24
On Wed, 12 May 1999, Simon Burge wrote:

# "Erik E. Fair" wrote:
# > I'm not thinking of running long-term this way (I got a warning in E-mail
# > that CD-ROM drives don't like to be run 24x7; they die), but it would be
# > good to have a robust install/rescue/recovery CD-ROM environment that could
# > run a full NetBSD system off a CD-ROM.
# If you're just after a install/rescue/recovery tool, why not use a
# ramdisk filesystem with everything you need in there?  If memory size
# is an issue you could go as far as having a ramdisk root and CD-ROM
# /usr.

Sounds like what we need is a real caching fs.

# Simon.

NetBSD: More Nines.