Subject: re: MFS over ISO-9660 union mounted with no swap space?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@iafrica.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 05/13/1999 08:21:14
On Wed, 12 May 1999, Erik E. Fair wrote:
> In principle, it looks like I can do what I want, which is more or less:
>
> 	/dev/cd0a	/	cd9660	ro
> 	swap		/	mfs	rw,union,-s=16384

That would allow you to create new directories and files at the mount
point.  (If there's no /local on the CD then, after the above mounts,
you can create a /local and it will reside in the MFS.)  But it would
not allow you to change anything in directories or files that already
exist on the CD.  (If the CD contains /var then you can't create
/var/foo in the MFS.)  I am not sure if that's what you want.

> Except that no swap would be configured. hmmm.

I don't think that's a problem.

--apb (Alan Barrett)