Subject: Re: __BROKEN_INDIRECT_CONFIG: dead or alive?
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/20/1999 18:33:09
Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU> writes:

> Btw, how're we supposed to figure out what the supported media for
> these devices are, in the absence of any man-pages?  ifconfig(8) says
> to look at the manpage for the interface for media and mediaopt, but
> there's several new-ish NICs with no manpages at all.
> (Neither does the driver, but that's not new:))

# ifconfig -m de0
de0: flags=8863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        media: Ethernet autoselect (10baseT)
        status: active
        supported Ethernet media:
                media autoselect
                media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex
                media 100baseTX
                media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex
                media 10baseT
        inet 204.152.186.41 netmask 0xffffffe0 broadcast 204.152.186.63