Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Martin J. Laubach <mjl@emsi.priv.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/12/1999 22:21:57
|  > cards by masking them out with a "options ISAPNP_ALLOC_INTR_MASK=..."
|  > in kernel config.
|
| Um, I think this is wrong!  Why is isapnp assigning already-used interrupts?

  This is a very good question. I don't know the intricacies of
isapnp well enough to give a definitive answer to that, all I have
is guesses:

 - isapnp is being overly cheap on handing out interrupts, and
   will try to share them if possible, even if there are tons
   available.
 - my motherboard's BIOS is crap since defining that interrupt
   as "used by ISA" didn't change a thing.
 - the combination of the crappy motherboard plus a third serial board
   plus a pnp soundblaster tripped some obscure bug.

| That's the problem that needs to be addressed!

  As noted, it's just a workaround to get things working, _now_.
If we can fix isapnp to do all the magic, great, I'm all for it!
I just don't have enough background on isapnp to know where to start
looking, hints very welcome!

	mjl