Subject: pcmcia bug
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Sachin Goel <sgoel@nc.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/11/1999 12:04:27
all,

I have been writing a driver for 'Linear flash memory' PC card [IBM,
siliconTech, 16MB] for my x86 laptop. The device autoconfiguration
detects the card but somehow, does not call the probe() of my driver.
Looking more inside it, it seems that the pcmcia code is not
initializing the 'configuration entry' structure for the card's
function. If i ignore the check for configuration entry initialization
in the pcmcia card attach routine, it does call my probe, but kernel
later panics with message "pcmcia_function_enable: function not
initialized". To me, it is definitely a bug in the pcmcia driver not
being able to do the complete initialization.
Has somebody experienced the similar kind of problem with some pcmcia
card? Is there temporary workaround/hack so that i continute to test my
driver ??

Interestingly, the D-LINK ethernet which is present on the other socket
works just fine.

Any ideas/hints will be greatly appreiciated.

Thanks,
Sachin (sgoel@nc.com)