Subject: Re: small detect-only driver for install disk?
To: Michael Graff <>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/08/1999 17:19:29
Michael Graff <> writes:
> The reason is that without this it comes up as a de card, which is
> quite wrong.  It isn't a de card at all, it just smells somewhat like
> one.  When the serial ROM can't be read a long line of gibberish
> appears, and the de1 (in my case) interface remains.

Since the de driver _cannot_ drive that card, it should probably be
adjusted so that it does not match...

this isn't a case like ep/ex, where the latter should/can be used as a
higher-performance alternative if it's compiled in.  in this case, the
de driver Just Does Not Work so it shouldn't match.

But that's just my opinion...  8-)

Chris Demetriou - -