Subject: re: stand/.../newvers.sh
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/06/1999 12:08:35

   The only rebuttal against this I can think if is that it reduces the
   amount of code we can share between ports (say sparc & sparc64, pmax
   and newsmips, m68k*).  Given the nature of the programs we are talking
   about, this may not be a sound argument.  If you can offer even the
   flimsiest of arguments against that one (and mrg doesn't counter-strike)
   then I'll drop bootprog_name[] ;-)

i assume chris means that you can put this information in
the program itself?  i do kinda like bootprog_name[] as it
is in the sparc port right now.  but i'm not that worried
about it all...