Subject: Re: esp problem (sun3x)
To: Izumi Tsutsui <>
From: Gordon W. Ross <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/1999 10:48:18
Izumi Tsutsui writes:
 > wrote:
 > >  > Did you set ncr53c9x_dmaselect = 1 in arch/sun3/dev/esp.c?
 > >
 > > Yes, I wanted to try to get that working.  The sun3x code is
 > > now basically the same as the sparc is using, but no luck.
 > > Have any idea what it might take to make DMA select work?
 > Well, I guess that ncr53c9x_dmaselect should be set
 > *after* ncr53c9x_attach().

I did that.  The code I'm using is identical to the sparc version
(as much as possible) but DMA seems to complete with an interrupt
after a single byte of a seven byte transfer, and then refuses to
send any more.  (See the debug trace sent previously).

Looking for clues...  This is an old, REV zero DMA chip, btw.