Subject: vnd and msdosfs.
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: R. C. Dowdeswell <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/31/1999 18:04:29
I am currently chasing a problem that I believe is related to
the interaction between the msdos fs and the vnd driver (on 1.3.1).
I looked at the change logs and didn't see anything in 1.3.[23] or
-current that would address this.

The symptoms that I am seeing can be summarised as follows:

 # vnconfig /dev/vnd0d ./fs
 # dd if=/dev/vnd0d of=wow1 bs=512 count=8
 # dd if=/dev/vnd0d of=wow2 bs=512 count=8 skip=8
 # cmp wow1 wow2
 #

Basically, once the file is mapped it is the first eight blocks
repeated infinitely.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this, or if it
has been fixed, or anything else that might be helpful.  (Or even
if someone more familiar with the code path might be able to
determine which one char typo caused it, if it is that simple.)

 == Roland
 == http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/