Subject: Multicast receive probl. under NetBSD-currend/1.3K snap
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Chris J. Mutter <cjm@terminal.sil.at>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/30/1999 01:35:18
Hello there.

Im not sure if this is the right place for my problem.

HW:
standard PC, 1x 3c509, 2x 3c509B, IDE,...

SW:
gated-3.5.8/9/10

It seems that NetBSD-current and the snapshot of march 15th has a
problem with receiving multicast ethernet frames which results in
no operation of gated. Tested the same configuration on NetBSD-1.3.3
which worked fine - i.e. gated joins the area except for the lack of 3c509B
support (which is why I tried -current).

tcpdump -p shows now multicast frames from foreign hosts.

If you run tcpdump without -p (-> set IF to prom. mode) gated receives
multicast frames as it should and joins the area.

ifconfig -a shows "MULTICAST" on for all interfaces (ex0/1/2). beside this
problem all interfaces work fine.

regards,
cjm
--