Subject: Re: GENERIC GENERIC
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/1999 14:43:49
[ On Saturday, March 27, 1999 at 10:41:03 (-0800), Erik E. Fair wrote: ]
> Subject: GENERIC GENERIC
>
> We're having some trouble synchronizing the MI options list that go into
> GENERIC across port; perhaps there should be a src/sys/arch/GENERIC config
> that the others include for MI options?

That sounds like a good idea, though I can see people getting
confused...  Perhaps instead of just including template files there
should be a Makefile in the conf directory that generates the full
config file by preprocessing it.  Then you'd run config on the result
(or have make optionally do that too).

--
							Greg A. Woods