Subject: Re: Callouts
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/27/1999 11:58:09
[ On Saturday, March 27, 1999 at 07:02:39 (-0500), Charles M. Hannum wrote: ]
> Subject: Callouts
>
> So, I want to revisit the notion of what to do with callouts.  Various
> ideas have been suggested; the two that come to mind offhand are:

You might find this interesting, if you've not already seen it.

I seem to remember quite a few people being quite excited about it at
the time, but I've no idea if it was ever put into any production
systems, or if any flaws have been found in it since.

USENIX bibliography search for `callout'

%A Ronald E. Barkley
%A T. Paul Lee
%T A Heap-based Callout Implementation to Meet Real-Time Needs
%P 213-222
%I USENIX
%B USENIX Conference Proceedings
%D Summer 1988