Subject: Re: as long as we're hitting FFS...
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/1999 22:03:04
On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 09:36:09PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> > 	(2) So, don't make / a large-inode FFS.
>
> But having ACLs on /etc files may be really handy...

so have a small one with the kernel for booting, and a mount a big one over
it. Or even hardcode the "real" / partition into the kernel, so that the
small-inode one isnt visible. Or add code to your firmware.

Not trying to be nasty... I really just want to point out ways to survive.

E.g., with our 2-stage bootblocks, you cant make / a LFS, either. Same
methods apply here.

	-is