Subject: Re: Large inodes for ffs
To: None <>
From: Manuel Bouyer <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/1999 13:17:25
On Mar 23, Perry E. Metzger wrote
> I have serious concerns about this.
> There are only a few days to the 1.4 quiet start. No one other than
> your team has looked at this previously. There might be considerable
> amounts of feedback, improvements, etc. -- and no time in which to
> consider them before putting in a major new interface. 
> Furthermore, there might be considerable amounts of fallout from
> this. I know this "shouldn't" cause trouble, since it has been tested
> for a while, but lots of things that "shouldn't" cause trouble do.
> Given that 1.5 is currently scheduled for fall, maybe we could wait to 
> commit this until after the branch, and gain the benefits of six
> months of feedback on the design and testing before putting something
> this big into a release?


Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.