Subject: Re: type-length-value chains for FFS (was large Inodes)
To: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/1999 23:14:35
On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, John F. Woods wrote:
> motivate the effort.  I'll note that the NTFS (in Windows NT, for those
> lucky few who don't know) has the ability to have multiple data streams
> associated with a file (like an arbitrary number of MacOS forks, but none
> with any OS-imposed layout like the resource fork).  However, I'm not
> aware of *any* applications that use multiple data streams (and not

I think Windows NT server uses multiple data streams for its "Services
for Macintosh" thing... Among other things, SFM provides AppleShare file
service and needs a place to store the Resource fork and Finder Info for
Mac files.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++