Subject: Re: Large inodes for ffs
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/23/1999 14:41:23
On 23 Mar 1999, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> writes:
> >  * We're very close to the 1.4 cut, and if the code goes in now, there
> > will probably not too much testing. Can we risk this?
>
> I have serious concerns about this.
>
> There are only a few days to the 1.4 quiet start. No one other than
> your team has looked at this previously. There might be considerable
> amounts of feedback, improvements, etc. -- and no time in which to
> consider them before putting in a major new interface.

Isn't this the purpose of the quiet period? :-)

We have deliberatly kept the interface simple/flexable so that we aren't
making any big steps. Actually what we are proposing is much simpler than
what I suspect many folks have in mind. :-)

I'll try to get the diffs on cvs.netbsd.org today. And I won't committ
anything until developpers have had a chance to look at them. :-)

Take care,

Bill