Subject: kernel getcwd() now in the tree; userland usage not far off..
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org, tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/22/1999 22:05:57
[resend; this was probably lost in the mail.netbsd.org outage earlier
today]

I've committed my kernel implementation of getcwd() and a few related
changes; this should show up in the supscan tomorrow (tuesday).

I've added changes to libc to build the system call stub (__getcwd()),
but I've not yet committed changes to have libc use it; however, that
should happen in the next day or two, and at that point, you'll need
to have a new kernel supporting the new system call in order to run a
libc built from -current.

There's a rather complete regression test (which calls the system call
directly) in src/regress/sys/kern/getcwd.  To run it, run "make; make
regress" in that directory after installing a new kernel and libc.
"make long-regress" will compare the new getcwd vs the old one in all
directories in /usr.

If you find problems, please send me mail or send-pr them.  Thanks.

					- Bill