Subject: Linux's pread(), pwrite(), getcwd() present ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/17/1999 17:26:28
Those system calls are listed in compat/linux/i386/syscalls.master,
but I can't find a mention about them on any from two Linux
systems I have handy -- RH 5.1 and the second is some Debian system.
Are they really so new ?  From what I can read in getcwd() manpage
on those systems, it's still seems to be implemented in libc and not
as a system call ...
What am I missing ?

As a side note -- pread() and pwrite() are marked as UNIMPL, implementing
them would be just a matter of writing sys_p*{read|write}() on appropriate
place. I can even do that and send-pr it ...
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
"The only way how to get rid temptation is to yield to it." -- Oscar Wilde