Subject: Re: RFC: /kern/summary
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/11/1999 17:07:31
[ On Thursday, March 11, 1999 at 09:54:34 (+0100), Guenther Grau wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: RFC: /kern/summary
> "Greg A. Woods" wrote:
> > There are also very very critical problems with the current
> > implementation of sysctl on the inside.  I personally think it's a messy
> > hard-coded hack.  The half-completed attempt to make it more like a true
> > ASN.1 MIB in FreeBSD (or is it completed now?) was more on the right
> Just to be pedantic. AFAIK, there is no such thing as a ASN.1 MIB.
> Maybe you mean SNMP MIB?

I did mean something like an SNMP MIB, I suppose.  To me the "ASN.1"
part is more important than the "looks like an SNMP MIB" part.  The
latter just makes it easier to plop an SNMP agent on top of.

							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <>; Secrets of the Weird <>