Subject: Re: port-arm32/7122: Breakpoints lost under heavy swapping
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/1999 19:41:07
> Hmm.  Thinking about problems with anon pages on arm..
>
> I have a Shark with local swap disk and with /tmp in an MFS, and I
> found that "make build" was rather flaky, blowing up maybe every 10
> minutes or so with spurious syntax errors, until I switched to using
> cc -pipe for everything.  I assume that the contents of the
> intermediate preprocessor output files in /tmp were getting corrupted.

Hmmm...  A while back I also tried an MFS /tmp, but found it unreliable in
a different manner.  Basically, after a few hours some temporary files
whould appear not to have been deleted (though I think they were zero
size).  Attempting to rm the files was a sure-fire way of making the
machine panic.  It got so bad that I just disabled the MFS: I've been
intending to give it another go to see if it was fixed...

> I should have reported this a while back.

Ditto.